Sunday, February 4, 2018

Third Year at Glendon Hall (1969 - 1970)

This year appears to have been the clash between the Titan forces of religion and peer groups. No doubt some of the privilege of dwelling in those regions arose from the degree of liberty one feels as the course of study draws to a close, and one is a "senior". A good deal of the entries reflect my somewhat depressed view of my environment, the people, myself, my world:

No sunshine today. A place for despair only. There was no movement; the air lay very still. The breath of lethargy fell upon the campus. February 9, 1970.

But the winner was God, to whom I continued to look for guidance and direction. To this day, I often feel that it is only through a relationship with God that the world makes sense. While I have not as yet suffered any great loss or hardship, I somehow feel that such a religious focus will be the answer to all problems, big or small.

No comments:

Post a Comment